Thursday, June 30, 2011

Twinkle Toes: Pink & Brown Wedding

If you know that you can dance through the night on four inch stiletto heels.. then you definitely should because there are so many lovely heels to choose from. When I got married, my personal philosophy was to choose the cheapest shoes I could possibly find because I was only going to wear them once. There ought to be a bridal shoe exchange online so that some other girl can break them in for you.

Anyhow, I didn't wear them nearly at all. They hurt so much after 2 minutes that I took them off and stood there shaking hands in my stocking feet. It was a long dress so no one cared. If I were to do it all over again though, I would spend a little more time on this detail and get it right.

You can always go for the Father of the Bride look w/ sneakers. One of my cousins wore bright kelly green chuck lows (more on that later) a great look and you CAN wear them again.

But, for those of you looking for Cinderella's glass slipper, you'll have to put out a little more effort. Look around. If you don't have time, Zappos ships free both ways.

Whatever you decide to do, consider this sage advice given in Better Than Beauty, A Guide to Charm written in 1938, but still true today, "Your face can't look serene, your conversation can't be bright, your personality can't radiate, if your feet hurt."

No comments: